Resetting the password of your Linksys router is not a complex task.
Here five ways or methods are provided for the readers to Reset Linksys Router Password as described by the Linksys support.
Methods to Reset Linksys Router Password
Method 1: Making a Wi-Fi Network Password
- At Linksys router admin screen, you need to click in the Security tab.
- Select a security alternative.
- Then Click at the Wireless tab, and from there click at the “Wireless Settings” tab.
- In the configuration view, you need to click at manual radio button.
- Select a security setting and then select the security type.
- Enter the password and click at “Save Settings”.
- Then connect to the internet via Linksys wireless router.
Method 2: Reset Linksys Router
- Switch on the router.
- Then reset the router by pressing and holding the reset button for ten seconds.
- Switch off the router and switch it on again.
- Now unplug the router to switch it off, then wait for thirty seconds, and then plug it back. This is known as power cycling.
- Next, connect the router to the PC using an Ethernet cable.
Method 3: Login to the Linksys Router
- Launch a web browser.
- Visit the router administrations screen by typing http://192.168.1.1/
- Then input “admin” in the user-id and password field.
Method 4: Admin Password Setting with a Cable Modem
- Modify your user-id and password.
- Then visit the MAC Address Clone tab and click at “Setup” tab, and next click on “MAC Address Clone”.
- Assign the MAC address for the router and click at the “enabled radio” button.
- Then click at “Save Settings”.
- Search IP Address. If you view numbers such as 0.0.0.0, then the setup is correct.
Method 5: Admin Password Setting With a DSL Modem
- Click the drop down menu in Internet Connection and then click on PPPoE.
- Input user-id and password offered by your ISP and click at “save” settings.
- Modify the name of Wi-Fi network.
- Then click on “Connect” in Internet Connection section.
Why You Should Approach Us?
Dial our toll-free number 1-800-335-8177 any time, round the clock to get quick online remote assistance for any kind of technical problems related to the Linksys Routers. If you are looking to change Linksys Router password then please get in touch with our Linksys Router support team to get the best Linksys customer support service at highly reasonable charges.